An Ideal Female Head Uncovered in the North-South Colonnaded Street of Perge


Turak O.

ADALYA, vol.16, pp.85-92, 2013 (Journal Indexed in AHCI) identifier identifier

  • Publication Type: Article / Article
  • Volume: 16
  • Publication Date: 2013
  • Title of Journal : ADALYA
  • Page Numbers: pp.85-92

Abstract

Located 4 km. inland from the Mediterranean Sea in the Aksu district of Antalya, Perge expanded southward during the Hellenistic period. Excavations were initiated in 1946 and have continued uninterrupted since 1960. Figural sculpture and reliefs uncovered have already shown with the unity of their style that Perge was a centre of sculpture.